Happy Day - it's Friday!!
I hope you've all had a wonderful week! I've still been busy with spring cleaning this week but thought I would pop in quick and share this tropical birthday card with you. I think I might have to keep this card out to remind me of warmer temperatures once Fall hits - doesn't it look toasty??
I don't have a visual tutorial to create a background like this but I can give a few step by step tips
- with a post it note first mask off the horizon line on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock
- punch a 1-3/4" circle from a post it note and place approximately 1/3 to 1/2 over the horizon line post it
- beginning at the top of the card stock begin sponging Strawberry Slush ink working in a semi-circle
- blend Tangerine Tango ink into the Strawberry Slush ink and work slightly downwards working in the same semi circle shape
- blend Calypso Coral ink into the Tangerine Tango ink but this time work the ink so that it falls in more of a horizontal line
- blend Crushed Curry ink into the Calypso Coral ink and work the color all the way down to the horizon line. Add a small amount of Calypso Coral ink just above the horizon line
- remove the sun mask and lightly sponge So Saffron ink inside the sun, darkest in the center and lightest on the edges
- remove the horizon line mask, flip the paper over and re-mask the sky so just the water area is exposed.
- sponge Coastal Cabana ink on the entire area
- blend Bermuda Bay ink along the edges and anywhere in the center to add shadow
- remove all masks and sponge Tuxedo Black Momento ink in a semi circular shape along the bottom of the water area.
- stamp the leaf and flower images from the World of Dreams set in Tuxedo Black Momento ink around the outer edges of the background.
To Create the Palm Tree:
- punch four Small Ovals from Basic Black Card Stock. Use Paper Snips to cut the bottom 1/3 away then cut small leaves into each oval
- cut a strip of Basic Black Card Stock approximately 1/4" wide. Cut into small squares (around 15 or so) then using Paper Snips cut each square into a slight taper at one end
- punch three medium sized circles from the Owl Builder punch using Basic Black Card Stock
- assemble the trunk by layering the the small squares atop one another, creating a slight lean as you work your way up the trunk of the tree.
- glue the three circles into place at the top of the trunk
- stagger the four palm leaves around the top of the trunk and glue into place.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
I hope that this little step by step tutorial was helpful! If you have any questions or would like to see a visual tutorial to re-create a background like this please let me know below and I'd be happy to make one.
I'll be back next week with a few new samples I have been visualizing! By then my house should be back in order and I'll be able to create guilt free ;)
Have a wonderful weekend!